The Untold Secrets of STEVE JOBS In Less Than Ten Minutes
Steve Jobs, a man who touched an ugly world with technology and made it beautiful. Though he is gone but people still carry a part of him in the pocket everyday.
I am about to share with you what only few people know about him
1. He was given out for adoption by his biological parents. Steven Paul Jobs was born on February 24, 1955, to Abdulfattah Jandali and Joanne Schieble, and was adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs. Joanne’s father never wanted her daughter to marry Abdulfattah because he was a Syrian Immigrant. She was too in love that she didnt listen to her father despite the threats he gave. She got pregnant for Abdulfattah but since her father was still alive, the marriage will surely fail. She decided without informing Abdulfattah to give the child out for adoption to a very wealthy and educated couple. She got disappointed because her child was rejected by the wealthy and educated family she saw, they wanted a girl and not a boy.
Meanwhile, Paul and Clara wanted the child but because they didnt fit in the criteria she wanted, she refused until Paul and Clara had to sign that they will send the child to college. Steve Jobs never met his biological father till he(Steve Jobs) died. He would become upset when Paul and Clara were referred to as his “adoptive parents”; he regarded them as his parents “1,000%”. With regard to his biological parents, Jobs referred to them as “my sperm and egg bank. That’s not harsh, it’s just the way it was, a sperm bank thing, nothing more.
2. He didnt build Apple alone. He started Apple with a very good friend of his Steve Wozniak. He said in his words “Basically Steve Wozniak and I invented the Apple because we wanted a personal computer. Not only couldn’t we afford the computers that were on the market, those computers were impractical for us to use.
3. He is more proud of the things he didnt do than the things he did. Steve Jobs has been celebrated for his magical indelible marks in the tech world but when met by a woman at an event, he revealed a shocking statement. The woman in a bid to celebrate his greatness said “I am sure you are very proud of the things you have achieved” Steve replied and told her that he is more proud of the things he didnt do
4. He was sent away from the company he built. Steve and Woz founded Apple but it got to a time, Steve brought John Sculley who later moved the board of directors against Steve. This was a bad decision for Apple as the company dropped radically in worth. It took the original founder to revive it when he was brought back by CEO Amelio
5. Apple was not the first thing he built. Steve Jobs was a crazy innovator. He was very ambitious and loved working things out.
He also built Blue Box, a device which allowed users to make free long-distance phone calls by reproducing specific dial tones. He had once said that without the Blue Box, there will not be an Apple. He built software for video editing, before that time nobody ever thought they needed a software to edit a video.
Let me finish with this quote that was posted by an anonymous twitter user when Steve died. It says “3 Apples changed the world, The 1st one seduced Eve, the 2nd one fell on Newton’s hand and the 3rd one was offered to the world half bitten by Steve Jobs
I hope you learnt something today.